Monday, December 08, 2008

It seems so weird that I haven't updated this since December of 2007 but I guess I didn't really feel like updating people on the hard things that have happened in 2008. I know that this has been the hardest year of my life and I have really struggled with staying positive despite the death of my father. One of my best friends in the whole wide world. I loved him so much that it's been hard to be myself again, to just relax and live life. I never knew how hard it would be to walk through this world without him. He was a beacon of light and hope and energy that just ran through every inch of me. And not having him here breaks my heart a little every day.

As the season is now upon me here in New York I can't help but think about him. How he loved holidays. Not for the spectacle but for the chance to be with his family. He was all about that. Family meant everything to him. As I get older I realize more and more how right he is about everything. Not that I really doubted it before. Just believe more than I did in all the things he taught me. I love you Daddy. I love you with all my heart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're back. Hug.

Nanette said...

More hugs for you, my dear.