Monday, November 27, 2006

It's the holiday season, It's the holiday season. I get it now why they say there is no place like being in New York over the holidays. I walked into work today and let me just say, the lobby of my building is gorgeous. The tree lighting at Rockefeller Center is happening on Wednesday. The windows as Saks Fifth Avenue are all done up. I mean, you cannot beat it. There is that smell of the season in the air. It just seeps from every direction. I think today I have decided to let it envelope me. G and I are sitting down this week to figure out our gift giving strategy. I know silly to strategize on such things but since we are still trying to buy furniture, we gotta really have our arms around it this year. I think unfortunately that means a lot of people I would normally buy gifts for are getting cards. I know, lame but I think all my years of crazy purse sale/DVD giving will get me a get-out-of-jail-free-card this year. I love giving presents. There is something so great about the look on the person's face. They are just so happy that you thought of them. So maybe that thought of them is a candy cane taped to a card. I think all the change and starting of a new life will buy me a little forgiveness this season. I vow that while I will never be as good as my friend H about buying throughout the year that I will start shopping earlier next year so that it does not all come out of the same paycheck! :)

1 comment:

Hip Girlz said...

I love cards too!