Monday, November 20, 2006

Ludicrous Speed! Yes, that's me, living in Spaceballs the movie. This past weekend in DC was a giant whirlwind. All fun, but insane. I think just because I now live closer to my family that doesn't mean I have somehow turned into a super hero that can get more done than normal humans. I pulled one of my famous cram as much into one weekend as I can scenarios where I end up feeling like poo come Monday. One of my best friends from high school A had her baby shower this weekend. It was so much fun to see her and she looked amazing. I hope I look half that good whenever I am pregnant. It's just so nice to see someone you love getting ready to embark on something so incredible. I mean, she has a baby in there! It's real and it's about ready to come join us. :) Other than that I spent the weekend with family and G came with me. We tried a new mexican restaurant which was so great. Very tasty for DC standards I must say. yes, I know, I'm an LA snob when it comes to Mexican and I don't care! I will say this, taking the bus back up to NY last night and getting in at midnight was not the best thing ever. But in the cab ride back home, I had a moment. More like a flicker. Of knowing I was going home. Just me and G sitting in the cab and looking out the window at the still somewhat busy NY streets that I was heading to my home. My overpriced, one-bedroom, box ridden home. However imperfect it may be, it's ours. And we will figure it all out in time. I felt pretty calm for the first time in about 72 hours. Sometimes it's just nice to remember that no matter what, we will do this together. This whole thing called life. I might not tell him enough how lucky I am to have him. But I like to think he knows.

1 comment:

Hip Girlz said...

It never hurts to remind him. ;)