Friday, May 18, 2007

Heading Home

It's funny how no matter how long you don't live somewhere you still consider it home. They say home is where the heart is. Then I must have three hearts. One in Virginia, one in California and one wherever G and I might be at the time. I guess I will eventually have four since New York is quickly becoming a place that I love.

This weekend I'm going back to Virginia for my friend H's baby shower. I'm really looking forward to seeing all my ladies from high school and spending time with my folks. I am blessed to have come from such a great place. I know we Virginians are snobby about our homeland but hey, what can I say, it's really that great. If you've ever spent a day driving down Rte. 29 or floating down the James River drinking beer you know what I'm talking about. There is something about our fair state. The history, the rolling hills. It's like slipping into a warm bath and letting it sink into your skin. I may not live there but I carry it with me wherever I go.

No comments: