Thursday, May 10, 2007

Madre, Maman, Mama, Mommy

As mother's day approaches I thought to myself, oh no! I need cards! I went to the Duane Reade near my house last night to pick some up. As I got to the counter, the woman laughed and said, three cards? I had to explain well there is my mom, and the there is my left coast mom, and then there is my sister. I am blessed with knowing so many lovely moms. Life is good.

In the spirit of my last post, here's to you #1 Mom!

Because of you:

I can shop better than any woman alive

I care so much about others sometimes it hurts

I believe in myself

I love with my whole heart

I am brave and know that I can do anything

I never get sick of taking care of others

I know the power of a really amazing hug

I can cry and know that it will make me feel better

I know saying I love you to someone every time I speak to them is not dorky, it's just right

I am special - at least to one person in this world

Thank you mom for being there for me every moment of my life. For being the rock of our family. For being you. You are truly an amazing human being. I love that as I get older you are more than my mother. You are my friend.

No comments: