Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Celebrate, meditate!

I went with my friend N to my first meditation class last night. And I'm hooked! It was a Buddhist meditation class and we sat for the first 40 minutes meditating and then they gave a lesson on Buddhist teachings. I loved it. I thought I had been sitting for 5 minutes when the little bell rang and it had actually been 40 minutes! I feel so great today and slept really well last night. I'm definitely going back again next week. I never thought I could meditate. I guess I thought my brain was too full of worry and crap to focus long enough but I love knowing I was wrong about it. :) The funniest part about the whole experience was this place is called Dharma Punx and the guy who leads it is covered in tatoos with all these piercings. And there I am in my suit from work with him. The things I love about NY continue to grow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That sounds neat.

Nanette said...

I agree! I may have to hunt one of those classes down!