Friday, October 27, 2006

"Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness." Robertson Davies.

G sent this to me this morning. Not sure if I buy the glandular part but it goes back to what I am always saying. You need to spend EVERY day waking up thinking about the little things that will bring you happiness. Like my walk home every day. I love it. I love the sounds and the people and the action. Or my coffee with skim milk and two french vanilla creamers. If I just have one creamer, not as happy. But for some reason two really does it. Or the smell of my hair when I put this over-priced, leave-in conditioner my mom gets me with shea butter. I could spray that crap on as perfume. Or eat it. :)

No comments: