Monday, December 11, 2006

Holiday, celebrate! I think I have gained 10,000 lbs from the past weekend of holiday fun. Well okay, maybe just 2 or 3 pounds but you get the picture! Tonight I also have my work holiday party which will be at Bryant Park overlooking the ice skating rink. People in the office were talking about how fun it would be to ice skate after the party and I reminded them of my senior formal in college where we incorporated drinking and skating. In case you were wondering, NOT a good idea. My dear friend S's date got wasted and broke his foot and managed to crack his head open. He's fine now, just slightly brain-damaged. Okay he had to be brain-damaged to get on the ice in that condition so maybe that was beforehand. But it was rather hysterical seeing her with blood on her. It was like Carrie on ice. And while my date managed to not inflict any bodily harm on himself, I managed to get drunk and break up with him that night. And he cried like a baby. I mean, horrible. He was so upset and told me that he knows I love him because I said it one night at the bar we worked at. I sat there in my drunken haze trying to remember when the eff I told this guy I had been dating for about 2 months that I loved him. He finally reminded me of the night. Yes folks, apparently while he was bartending and I was enjoying a friend's bday party equipped with a male stripper I told him I loved him. I also remember telling pretty much everyone in the bar that night that I loved them. I think it was my goodbye to everyone actually. Something like, "I love you and you and you and you," pointing around the room. Needless to say, not a genuine love offering but hey, that must have been hard for him to figure out. It sucked though since then he decided to stalk me for about six months. So ice and drinking do not mix people. Friends don't let friends skate drunk.

No comments: